Walter Scherr is a career businessman who was also an Associate Professor at Farmingdale State School and PhD candidate at NYU, He received his bachelor’s degree from Pace College attending night school, and his master’s degree from Hofstra University over the course of 15 years. He overcame many obstacles through persistence, honor, and commitment. He is a devoted family man, and an active philanthropist.
- Co-Founder of The Vera and Walter Scherr and Family Foundation.
- Husband, father of four, grandfather of 11, and great grampy of 2.
- Principle and Board member of 1st publicly traded Facsimile Company.
- Director, CFO, Executive Vice President: Veeco Instruments Inc.
- General Manager of UPA Technology Division
- Group Vice President at Litton Industries
- Managing Director Sperry LTD.